Monday, March 24, 2014


Lexi Rodriguez
Revised Page by page writing

Page 2: Once upon a time, in a land close to here, there was a zoo.
             It had a safari, a jungle, and my favorite, an arctic pool so blue.

Page 3: I’m Pebbles the penguin, one of the animals who live there.
             I’m curious like a cat, and I’ve got the courage of a grizzly bear.

Page 4: In Antarctica, a few years ago, as a baby I was left all alone.
            So I was brought to the zoo and found loving parents of my own.

Page 5: I have two daddies: Roy and Mac Penguin, who really love me so.
             They hug me when I fall, and help me build ice castles in the snow.

Page 6: The other animals don’t mind that I have not one daddy but two.
             My two daddies are just like all the other animal parents at the zoo.

Page 7: However, one day things started to change for the family of three.
             The zookeepers didn’t like that Pebbles had to daddies. They disagreed.

Page 8: In the middle of the night, the zookeepers took Pebbles’ dads away.
             They sent Roy and Mac to separate zoos just because they were gay.

Page 9: I don’t know why the zookeepers took my only family away from me.
             Now, I’m all alone again. I worry every night where my dads might be?
            
Page 10: My family would play go fish just like the family of polar bears do.
               My daddies loved me so much like any other family at this zoo.

Page 11: Tom, the junior zookeeper, started hearing Pebbles crying at night.
               He grew worried when he fed her fish and she’d only take a bite.

Page 12: He gently asks little Pebbles why she is so very lonely and sad?
               Pebbles explained all she really wants is to be back with her two dads.

Page 13: Saddened, Tom went straight to the Zoo office to get this off his chest.
               The zookeepers disagreed, “Tom’s far too young to know what ‘s best!”

Page 14: After their meeting, the zookeepers noticed something was wrong.
               Perhaps Pebbles’ two daddies should have been there all along.

Page 15: Tom knew what he had to do. He went to get the penguins back.
               He drove 100 miles to a different zoo where he found Roy and Mac. 

Page 16: Tom finally arrived at the Zoo after driving for quite a while.
               Roy and Mac ran to Pebbles. The zookeepers couldn’t help but smile.


Page 17: The zookeepers realized it isn’t about statistics on charts.
               Love and happy families are what happens in our hearts.

Page 18: The zookeepers painted the walls, giving it a colorful new flare.
               Other gay and lesbian families came. Everyone was welcomed there.

Page 19: All the animals were so happy because Pebbles’ family was reunited.
               The remodeled zoo opened and every kind of family was invited.

Page 20: The zookeepers learned what happened when they tried something new.

               It became the very best zoo in town, and it was called The Happy Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment