Monday, March 24, 2014

Book structure! - Tamiko Hobin

So here is what I am thinking about the book size. After talking to Lexi and from looking at the storyboard sketches, we should to a longer, landscape book. I'm thinking 8.5 by 5.5 in (which  is a piece of paper folded in half). That way, when it gets printed into signatures, it can be printed on 11 by 17. Also, we have to consider that the total amount of pages has to be a multiple of 4, but I think that we can figure that out with the inside title page, the blank pages etc.

I know that I said we should do a big book because it is a children's story but that becomes a hassle when we have to think about getting it printed (the prices) and standard paper sizes! We can discuss it though as a group if you guys aren't happy with the size.

I'll bring in a dummy today so we can have a sense of what it is going to look like!


1 comment: